Level 5 and Level 6
Welcome to Level 5 and Level 6 at Deepdene Primary School.
As the student leaders of the school, Level 5 and Level 6 students are actively engaged in a large variety of programs.
The Level 5 and Level 6 teachers work together to plan comprehensive and engaging units of work.
- Government -Why do we need a government? (Civics and Citizenship)
- Colonial Australia - How has Australia changed since colonisation? (History)
- The Human Body. All Systems Go! - How does your body work? (Science/Health)
- Advertising - How are products marketed? (Design, Creativity and Technology)
- Australia's Near Neighbours - Why do people migrate? (History/Geography)
- Economics - Why can't we have everything we want? (Economics)
- Our World - How can we care for our World? (Environmental Science)
- The Restless Earth -How do significant natural disasters affect our planet? (Science)
The Level 5 and Level 6 students are provided with the opportunity to be involved in multi-age group activities, including Maths, Science, Technology, Athletics and Fitness.
During Term 4, the Level 5 students are involved in a Bike Education program whilst the Level 6 students take part in an elective based “Club 6”program. These activities may include photography, cooking, dance, art and sport.
Level 5 students meet with the Foundation children for specific activities. This successful Buddies Program develops close bonds, encouraging leadership, cooperation, responsibility and friendship between the students.
Level 6 students visit our capital city of Canberra. This tour is a highlight for the Level 6 students in their last year of primary school. Tours to the Australian War Memorial, Questacon, Parliament Education Centre, Institute of Sport and the High Court of Australia are included.
Level 5 camp takes place at the Phillip Island Adventure Resort which is located on 80 beautiful acres right in the heart of Phillip Island at Cowes. The campsite is close to beaches and is a great venue for environmental activities. A broad range of adventure activities are provided including archery, canoeing, climbing wall, flying fox, giant swing and ropes course. The camp has qualified staff to ensure the safety of all students.
Every Friday during Terms 1 and 2, Level 6 students participate in Interschool Sports, whilst Level 5 students attend 'social' Interschool matches. Music lessons incorporate students playing instruments in classroom ensembles. Students take part in a Concert Series annually that fosters positive interactions across Levels 3 to 6.
Level 5 and Level 6 is a wonderful time for the students to embrace leadership and responsibility.